Lanarkshire overnight spots.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ade02uk

Mar 1, 2014
Bellshill, Scotland
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice as to where I can overnight (with doggy of course)in the Lanarkshire/Strathclyde region. Preferably walking distance of Strathclyde park/Hamilton/Motherwell areas.

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Ade

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Does it have to be walking distance, or are you ok with taking a car occasionally?

If walking only, then Chaterlerhault is probably at the limit from Bellshill depending on your fitness level, but I've camped there numerous times and as long as you keep a low profile and don't have a blazing fire, you're fine. It's getting to the 'busy' season down there though. I've done 8 overnights there this year so far, and a fortnight ago was the first time I've seen anyone else deep into the park at the time of night when you know they aren't 'day' visitors. Every summer is the same, but it does start getting deserted from September again.

If it's the car, then I can think of literally over a dozen within a 10 minute drive, but I'm very reluctant to post them on an open board. Nothing personal against you, but these are open boards and I've spent enough time picking up other peoples litter without advertising what might be new spots for the neds to trash.

If you're willing again to open up your radius to 25 miles travel, then you've got some of the best wild camp areas in the UK. I spent Friday night past in one, and with zero light pollution, it was, as always, a fantastic experience.

ade02uk

Mar 1, 2014
Bellshill, Scotland
Hi Billy, I have thought of chaterelhault but discounted it because of the touristy side, though I walk up there and back with a day sack regularly. I dont mind driving and 25 miles or so. I just fancy an overnight in my small tent with the dog, it'll be really good for him as well as me.
I'm with you kn the subject of litter, you carry the contents of what is discarded so why not take the packaging back home with you.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
What about Brownlee near the Garrion bridge or Wiston lodge?, Wiston i'm sure could show you a corner for a pittance of a fee for their charity,not sure of theire dog policy though.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Hi Billy, I have thought of chaterelhault but discounted it because of the touristy side, though I walk up there and back with a day sack regularly. I dont mind driving and 25 miles or so. I just fancy an overnight in my small tent with the dog, it'll be really good for him as well as me.
I'm with you kn the subject of litter, you carry the contents of what is discarded so why not take the packaging back home with you.

Worlds your oyster then bud if you're happy to drive a bit. I'll drop you a PM when I get time with some ideas.

Also I'm doing an overnight again this Friday in one of the spots I go to with a mate, you're happy to come down and see what you think of it.

ade02uk

Mar 1, 2014
Bellshill, Scotland
Worlds your oyster then bud if you're happy to drive a bit. I'll drop you a PM when I get time with some ideas.

Also I'm doing an overnight again this Friday in one of the spots I go to with a mate, you're happy to come down and see what you think of it.

Thanks again Billy, it'd be great to see one of your spots.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE