LA Stories City of Dogs

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
I'm a fan of the works of Louis Theroux, a ground breaking documentary maker. He has a new series in the works, or mostly already shot, and the first episode came out a few days ago, I believe. I managed to watch episode one, which was all about the prevalent dog 'culture' in LA, from pampered pooches to "weaponised" fighting gang dogs. It's a very hard watch if you're a dog lover, but Louis reveals the truth about LA's gang dogs and how mistreated some dogs can be in the areas of poverty and crime.

Did anyone else see it?

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I saw it - it's a real shame how some of those dogs get/got treated. I think it says a lot for our society that we allow things like that to happen.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I like the chap, his attitude is good; Loved the ones with Eugène Ney Terre'Blanche and the other at the Chicken Ranch, good stuff...all worth a watch and see how he has developed himself over the years

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
yup, I saw it. Fidos in a wagon to the rendering plant. But you can't keep and feed them all. The one trainer who did the training his own way with the big white dog, flipping genius.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
It also gave another insight into the coulture of the working ckass (disclaimer: there are no poor or working glass in america, they all have the same start inlife, the american dream etc anon). Rough neighberhood just forced to crap by the powers. Full of cowboys with guns, dogs running free and breeding. I wouldnt lay the blame at their door though.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
It also gave another insight into the coulture of the working ckass (disclaimer: there are no poor or working glass in america, they all have the same start inlife, the american dream etc anon). Rough neighberhood just forced to crap by the powers. Full of cowboys with guns, dogs running free and breeding. I wouldnt lay the blame at their door though.

you can also type crap now. Crap crap crap crap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE