Kydex sheath for Becker Eskabar

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Searches have come up empty so I have come to ask the masses.

Apart from "azshnyder5438" on ebay I can't seem to find a seller of Eskabar (BK14) kydex sheaths anywhere.. I seem to remember seeing a thread on them a while back but cannot for the life of me remember where..

Any pointers to the right direction or sellers / makers of kydex sheaths for the BK14 would be MUCH appreciated. Especially to those in the UK!

Thanks

Sam

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Have you tried Marion in the U.S?
He makes kydex to order very reasonable just not sure if he does that knife?
D

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Have a chat with Duncan/FYGT on here... Made me a custom in good time, reasonable cost.

28ix14y.jpg

14xrlw.jpg

33jmibl.jpg

Last edited:

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Did you get a sheath made for the BK14? Im looking to get one made too.

If you had one done, id like to see a pic if possible.

Hey man, I sure did. I got 2 eventually, one from Gavkoo (from Youtube), and one from Azwelke (from Bladeforums). Here are some pics to show you both of them against each other.

Apologies for having stuff over one of them but I didn't have the time to take it all off tonight, just pics; I think you can still get the idea. The one with the rubber on is Azwelke's one, a little thinner and more straight edged - which is why I'm using it over the other. The more rounded one (which is very slightly shorter) is Gavkoo's - I do love that design but would use that only if I wasn't carrying items on the outside of it - straight walls are much easier to deal with. Both have excellent retention and I wouldn't worry about neck carry for either of them with the blade hanging below the sheath. Gavkoo's one is a little smoother, but on Azwelke's one when you un-sheath, the blade actually pops out a little which I like, very positive click in and out (I actually had to heat it up a little to loosen it a touch as the retention was too tight).

I got in touch with Gavkoo through Youtube and then personal email, and Azwelke through email which I got from Bladeforums, although I think he sells on ebay too. Basically, Azwelke's feels like a solid, well manufactured piece of kit, while Gavkoo's feels a little bit more on the "custom" and unique side. I imagine I will continue to switch one to the other over time, but since I got this knife to be a neck knife, I will probably leave it as is 90% of the time as Azwelke's sheath is much better suited to my current system.

1_649.jpg

2_384.jpg

3_192.jpg

5_86.jpg
6_67.jpg

4_130.jpg

Hope that helps dude.

PropThePolecat

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2009
Mainland Europe
Thanks man, that helped alot. They're both very nice sheaths. I am looking for a small fold-over sheath, that'll be carried in my front pocket.

I went with Alzekes sheath in forest digi cam. I've done business with him before and hes a great guy to deal with, besides he's the only sheath maker that didn't require me to send the knife in. I asked him to clip the corner, and lose some of the rivets, as o don't care about the teklok. I'll be looking forward to it!

Thanks again for the pics!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE