kuksa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
wolf said:
just aquired a kuksa,...but read you cant put milk in it????does this include milk used with tea and other hot beverages?thanks :confused:

Really? I drink everything from my Kuksa and have it for 15 years. No problem with it yet. Sometimes I even eat out of it. :)

cheers
Abbe

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
I think it depends on how your kuksa/wooden cup has been treated to be waterproof.

If its been oiled with vegetable oil it should be fine to hold anything, but may need to be re-oiled from time to time.

Some cups have things added that block up the pores in the wood and stop it leaking/absorbing more liquids. Common examples of this are vry strong tea (tannins - dyes the cup a light-brown) or boiling milk :rolleyes: (casein proteins block the pores).

The only risk with milk of course is if your cup absorbs it it might smell funny for a while!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE