Kukri multicarry Sheath and some other bits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey folks,

I've had no internet that past few weeks so haven't posted much up. I've been stuck with waiting for leather and other issues such as the internet so have spent my time between getting some orders out and making some things for myself.

This week i just finished a new sheath for my kurki :) I wanted it to be on a strap with various attachment points, I wanted goats, spirals, knotwork, and a pictish man on it. I also wanted elastic retention to keep the press studs out the way when re-sheathing the blade. I sort of just started cutting and carving and let this one come about naturally. it will do....for now ;) I also made a new sheath for my lance ockenstrom necker so it hangs nicely on the strap.

HalfGoat Leatherwork Goat Kukri Sheath 4 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leatherwork Goat Kukri Sheath 6 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leatherwork Goat Kukri Sheath 7 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leatherwork Goat Kukri Sheath 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Leatherwork Goat Kukri Sheath 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

I also had to make a sheath for my head knife before heading out to a show so knocked this up with a Pictish horse from a stone in Inverurie where i grew up

HalfGoat Leatherwork Head Knife Sheath 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Here is a wee sheath I did for an MOD knife. Horrid knives but fun to sheath as they present a little more space for carving

HalfGoat Leatherwork MOD Sheath Saxon 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

This belt was a lot of fun to make. The customer wanted it to represent Jǫrmungandr the serpent that swallows its own tail in norse mythology so together we came up with this design

HalfGoat Leatherwork Jormugundr Belt by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

A fun one this month was a collaboration with Stuart Fellowes from Longline studios. He had carved some stones with the Ardross wolf for a customer who also wanted a matching sporran so we did the set together. Here is my sporran with his stone carving, both of us bringing the ardross back to life in stone and leather :)

HalfGoat Leatherwork Ardross Wolf sporran collaboration by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

I've a bunch of other stuff in the works but some cant be revealed yet and others need to photographs to be sorted and watermarked. thanks for reading :)

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
You're as talented as you are humble Hamish.

Beautiful work as always...
The belt idea is great too .
Top notch

Hunkyfunkster

Mar 2, 2015
Loch Lomond
Those are items of beauty. I especially like the kukri sheath. I have a kukri that I received from the GIO thread that needs a sheath, but I've been putting it off. Yours is awesome, and I might have to get off my lazy backside and finally have a go

Dreadhead

thanks folks :)

Those are items of beauty. I especially like the kukri sheath. I have a kukri that I received from the GIO thread that needs a sheath, but I've been putting it off. Yours is awesome, and I might have to get off my lazy backside and finally have a go

you're not that far from me, you're welcome to come down the workshop if you want some tips/ideas in person

Dreadhead

thanks for all the kind words folks :) funnily enough it was wanting a sheath for this kukri 5 or 6 years ago that first led me down the road to making one for myself...who could have known! :)

You're welcome anytime Alex, cheers/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE