Knives for my daughter and Hultafors H008SV Trekking Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 20, 2014
Chelmsford, Essex
Hello my fellow Bushers!

I have just ordered a Hultafors H008SV Trekking Axe from ebay. I collect evoucher from doing surveys on Valued Opinions. Having gained a ten pound Amazon voucher from them, and, as Amazon have these for about £20 (£3 p&p) I have got this for £13. I am wondering if these are any good.

This is my first axe and wanted one that would stay with me for a long time.

Does anyone have experience with this make, or axe use in general and can advised on what I should have bought!

I looked at Gransfors Bruks, and their huge prices ( I do not dispute that they are the Rolls Royce of the axe world) dissuaded my. That and that I am on benefits (Anyone got a job?!) lead me to my choice.

I like big knives and bladed items, having already a Condor Village Parang, that my 9yo daughter loves. After taking her out at the weekend to set up my dpm basha, she now is after her own knife. This leads me to my second query.

What knife do I get her. She wants a Victorinox, but I want her to have a fixed blade. Just think they are safer as they do not fold. I had the tip on my thumb nearly lopped off by closing one and it slipping!

I love this site and know that I am going to get good and critical advice.

tent peg

Nomad
Jan 13, 2014
Sherwood Forest
good axe, I would recommend hultafors knives as a good starter! should get the orange handled one for about a fiver posted. They do a rounded point with a yellow handle for young uns too!

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I take my Grandchildren "back to basics camping" when their parents think it appropriate usually at around 6 years old I give them an axe appropriate to their size, Hultafors are a good axe I have several, I also give them a Mora 840 (carbon steel blade) which teaches knife care or it will rust, sharpening etc. I retain all of the blades which are only used under supervision...

John

Jan 20, 2014
Chelmsford, Essex
Well it has arrived!

The axe is spectacular. It is well made, well designed and can't wait to use it.

Been checking out the Hultafors knives and many of the YouTube videos I have seen cannot fault them. I will be trying to source either a pink or purple one!

The one thing that lets the axe down is the cheap looking suede effort. would rather of had a proper leather one!

Jan 20, 2014
Chelmsford, Essex
Cheers tent peg

Just browsed the site and its really cheap and a great range of stuff. Thanks so much for seeking that out for me. Looks like it will be a great future resource. Loads of YouTube reviews on the HVK. And at less that a fiver on that site, great deals to be had. May even buy a few!

Once again cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE