Knitters

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Swmbo has been teaching so e older folk to knit and a good few were guys, and apparently married too. So just wondering how many of you guys knit.

And no I don't before you ask.

So please cut and paste the total section below.

Male knitters

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Knitting was one of the various skills I was taught by my mother and grandmother.

Unfortunately it was a long time ago (35+ years) but I could probably do something simple like a scarf but following a pattern... no chance

Male knitters

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Knitting was one of the various skills I was taught by my mother and grandmother.

Unfortunately it was a long time ago (35+ years) but I could probably do something simple like a scarf but following a pattern... no chance

Male knitters

Same here, well plain only.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Very practical skill :approve: Sailors, soldiers, lighthousekeepers, commonly all knitted for themselves. Socks, hats, mitts/gloves, kidney belts, snoods, leggings..........s'easy with a wee bit of practice :)

M

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
its on a long list to try... my son can knit, turned out a great scarf, pretty jealous that he managed it with one lesson from his gran...

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
knitting? - No. Never had a call for it.

I used to think sewing and stitching was for girls - but then I grew up ....

So it looks like [to me]

8 can [or aleast have an idea]

4 can't

resnikov

Just happened to walk past a wool shop on my way back from a job. 2 needles and some black wool bought.
Have cast off 40 stitches on the start of a scarf for my wife.

If you know me away from here please not a word as its going to be a surprise for her. Pics to follow.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE