Knife strop.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
After getting a set of DMT diafolds and getting my knives sharp but not stropping then I thought I should have a go and make a strop. I had some leather offcuts and a piece of pine wood and as I was going to be stuck at the in-laws for new year it seemed a perfect time :p

The plan was to make a handled strop so I could hold it in one hand and the knife in the other. It was also going to be practise of my whittling.

It was funny but as I progressed it seemed my Mora was getting sharper but I think it was my cutting technique was getting better and I was not having to force the knife.

Still waiting for the super glue to dry before I test it but quite happy with the result for about 2 hours work.

4d560be2-84cb-2710.jpg

4d560be2-84db-6a50.jpg

Going to give it a coat of Danish oil when I get home.

And the pile of wood shavings.
4d560be2-84ef-9946.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Looking good - was the leather from a sample book from a furniture superstore by any chance - I would be interested to know if that type of leather works well for strops but it's not a priority at moment for me to make one and have a go - so if you (or anyone else) - already have/has I'd be interested in the outcome

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE