knife sharpening help

J14

Aug 22, 2008
county durham
I was wandering if any one could give me a thread or instructions on how to make a knife sharpening kit

Thanks

Jamie

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
Hi Jamie,

Kind of depends, what kind of knive you have. And do you need a kit for sharpening in the field or at home/basecamp ?

In other words do you need large bench stones, or smaller pocket/backpack size stones ?

Grtz,

Niels

J14

Aug 22, 2008
county durham
Thanks for the thread. My knife is a Frosts Mora training knife and id like a small kit that I can put in my rucksack

robwolf

Tenderfoot
Aug 16, 2008
thetford norfolk
A dc4 dimond stone is small and very useful +it has a ceramic on the other side ,i find that a small piece of smooth marble is also a good addition then all you need is a leather strop ,but i just use my belt as it is just as good

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was wandering if any one could give me a thread or instructions on how to make a knife sharpening kit

Thanks

Jamie

Jamie,

I have one of Reds £5 kits already made up which I have never used as I got some waterstones shortly after making it.

If you want to drop me a PM with your address I`ll see how much it`ll cost to post and you can have it for the cost of the postage if you like.

Rich

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Paerfectly possible to make a small £5 sharpening kit too if money is tight - I have a mini one that fits in less than a fag packet complete with strop and range of grits. Cost about a quid!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE