Knife Number 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PhilipTreeWalker

Jan 24, 2020
Hampshire
I've had a bit of time on my hands this week, for obvious reaons, so managed to make a new knife. Being the fool that I am I made it as difficult as possible with a tapered tang and lots of pins! I should really learn to walk before I run but I always do things this way and find that, although very frustrating and time consuming, I learn an awful lot very quickly.

01 Steel - Attempted hand sanding (needs improvement)
Carbon fibre pins and lanyard tube
Desert Ironwood scales - these are a bookmatched set but one side is much darker which hides the contrast of the pins but I really like!

I am yet to put an edge on it as I want to do accurately and have not yet developed a method (or purchased a sharpening system)

The handle is not buffed. Mainly because I don't have a buffing wheel but partly because I quite like the satin look. What do you think?

IMG_5598.JPGIMG_5605.JPGIMG_5607.JPG

PhilipTreeWalker

Jan 24, 2020
Hampshire
Great job man!
Thanks man :)
Looks a beaut.
Thanks, nice in the hand too.
You must have some natural talent to create something so good on a second attempt ;)
Maybe. I think I just have a different way of learning. I do a lot of research before attempting anything, I hate making mistakes. Whether it is a good way of learning is questionable, two knives in three months is slow progress :banghead:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE