knife like this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kendodsworth

Jun 22, 2017
east yorkshire
hi there,
first post, I've got a bit of a collection of knives and I want to add to it. I'm looking for one similar to this one hopefully from a dealer with a decent reputation or a good brand. any of you help me and point me in the right direction?
thanks.
121822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
One of the big companies make a wee knife like this......someone with a better memory than me will be along shortly. Failing that the likes tamarack or bushcraftstore will carry it.

Otherwise nearly every semi-pro forge man will have knocked one of these up at sometime

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The reputable company in Finland, Brisa, has one like that. 26 euro. But now temporarily out of stock.
You can see it under 'Medieval' and it is called Viking 120

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
If you search online on 'Viking knives' you will find several companies, but only the Gods know the quality of the steel.

I have seen original Norse knives like that ( remains of them) in several museums, and if I recall correctly they were Ladies knives. Quite small.

I have always wondered if they had a leather binding around the handle, they o not look comfortable to use.

Most original blades were quite short. But they were found in graves and in remains of houses like Borg in Lofoten ( what, 5 or 6 knifes in the museum?) and they could have been 'household' knives.

Last edited:

kendodsworth

Jun 22, 2017
east yorkshire
I shall have a look! thanks all! I was hoping there was a modern equivalent so i could mayne put some paracord or maybe something to give it bit more of a comfortable handle

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Bushcrafters tend to practice a lot of ladies skills so its fitting :D

Although the op probably just wants to keep it in a drawer/display

Last edited:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Martti, that one is seriously used!

So using one of those would be on the same level as putting on fishnet stockings and high heels tonight?

:lmao:

It may be perfect in the household, but I do not see me using one in the bush. Very uncomfortable grip.
Should be ok wrapped in some leather though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE