Knife engraiving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I don't but I have had both laser and hand engraving done. Laser seems to work best on blades, hand engraving is nice on nickle silver bolsters etc.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
It's a carbon steel boker slippie, it my first farthers day soon and the missis has offered to have something engraived for sentimental value bless her!
im open to recommendation regards laser etc, as I'm not sure, not sure if there's room on the bolster for wording, tthanks if any has a idea of price please let me no, cheers

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
why not make it special and do it your self as Mad Dave said, etching will work fine on carbon steel, easy to do and costs very little to set up, in the £3-4 region....:):):):):)

hope this helps....;)

regards.

chris.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Watched the vid, great idea and iv got all the bits to do it only thing is I'm not sure if it would work on lettering on a small blade or not, hmmm

towim

Dec 5, 2007
West Wales
I know a guy who is very good a engraving, have had key rings and a few blades done too, many of my friends use him, send me a PM and ill send you his email. He is on here But I cant remember his profile.

Feb 9, 2013
Bury St Edmunds
I've just tried the video demo myself and was very pleased with the results.

I did a logo-type image rather then text though (I will post a pic as soon as I work out how!). My image was cut through basic masking tape using a Stanley knife. Battery was a 7.4v LiPo from a radio control car. I used a mixture of very salty water (roughly 1tsp of salt in 50ml of hot water) and vinegar.

Tip - don't use the cotton bud too wet. Obviously you need some moisture in it to conduct the electrical current, but if it is too soggy you risk it 'bleeding' under the masking tape. Damp is good. If it leaves puddles behind when you dab it on the tape you have it too soft.

HTH

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE