Kite Photo (Large)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its a Canon Eos 400D. We bought it as we already had a 35mm Eos and the lenses worked so an easy choice. I'd ask Wayland for advice before me though - he really nknows his stuff - I just like taking pictures :eek:

Red

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Hello Red,
just sent you a pm re: a good resolution copy, but I've got to say again, what a great photo! Superb.

Just got my friend Ogri the Trog a Canon 400, hope to see the same quality from him too! Heads up Og! there's a challenge!

Great pic Red :You_Rock_

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
British Red said:
Its a Canon Eos 400D. We bought it as we already had a 35mm Eos and the lenses worked so an easy choice.Red
That fills me with confidence Red, and somewhat of an echo,
We've just bought the same model, though our lens collection doesn't stretch as far as the 400. ATB

Ogri the trog

Oops too late posting Queeg ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
To be honest mate, the 400mm (which is of course x1.6 so a 600mm equivalent on digital) is a tripod only length (although it starts at 100mm so thats holdable up to about 250mm).

I have to thank you for your advice as I've entered the shot in the Hawk Conservancy photo competition. I doubt it'll win as there are some fantastic entries but always fun to try!

I'll be boring you all with some more during my R&R no doubt!

Red

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
leon-b said:
Ark Angel also knows alot about camera's
leon

Very kind of you to say so :)

Looking at that shot, WOW Red that is a stunner...although like me that is 1 really good shot out of many 100's taken....i love digital! :D
DSLR's are not my favourite subject at the moment, the Canon EOS 30D i had to test looked like the sensor had been dug up from a potato field there was that much rubbish on it. I sent it back in disgust....SWMBO got wind of this (and the fact i had spare money) and now we have a nice new 32" TV and HHD recorder box :rolleyes:

I prefer my birds to be still!
SeaEagle.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE