Kitchen ware

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
After looking around the town recently for cheap kit for my partner I came across a fairly small round baking tray, Round about the right size for a medium to large meal. It's fairly light does't keep the heat too long after taking it of the stove (electric element type) nor do I suspect coals.
I figured for £1 it's a decent cooking pan, eating plate combination.

So I got to thinking of other pound shop goodies and found a few more handy kitchen type things.

Multipack of tictacs, ate the goods, removed the stickers cleaned them out and now have most of my herbs and spices duplicated in tictac tubs. You need to reattach stickers though otherwise the lid is too loose. But they would easily suffice for a weekend or week camping.

Small one litre sigg type water bottles, and similar bottles with spray top, might be handy to keep a top with you like that.

Sports drinks bottles in about 1.3l but big wide open lids. Good if your into that style.

I found a load more things similar but am Interested in other more alternative kit things like the baking tray as a plate, that others have used with success. So, please come and share your inspirations.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Have a look in the 'Non-Expensive Kit' thread at the top of this section.
There's loads of cheap kit ideas such as you've mentioned, and you can also post your own discoveries there too.

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I have looked through that thread and it seems more about buying regular use kit not really multiple use items of an unusual beginning.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
yup - how do you fit soap in them Tengu .................... and more importantly get it out again?:rolleyes:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
My tic-tac box shattered when I tried to shove a bar of soap in it.

You gotta take the Tic-Tac's out first!
happy0009.gif

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
LOL
I Like the soap idea for tictac boxes.
I would usually use ammo bottles for liquid soap or wet wipes in not likely to freeze conditions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE