Kit you carry that "no one else" carries

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Now that's a very good thread. I don't remember this question coming up before.

A lot of my kit is pretty similar to other folks here, but I have some idiosyncracies.

-I still favour the Grohmann Boat knife for actual trips as opposed to static meets. It is definitely a minority choice. I have 2 Woodlores, a Mora, and Enzo and a Brusletto, but in wild county it is the Grohmann that I always take.

-I often take a morse code shortwave transceiver for the long winter nights. There is a undescribable satisfaction in conversing with someone in say, New York using as much power as a torch bulb, from a homemade radio in a tent somewhere in wild country.

-I always take a headover - used variously as scarf, balaclava and oven glove

-On canoe trips - or even on foot trips by the coast - I take a vhf transceiver that covers Marine band. Weather from the coastguard is always bang up to date and local.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
A signal mirror (more used for tick inspections than signalling, really) and a selection of repair patches for various kinds of tent fabric...

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Well, after years of reading post on this site the only thing I normally carry (longer trips) that no one else carry must be a gill net. An ordinary small mesh gill net cut in half (12,5m long).
I always carry cordage though, even in day trips. I even have a flemish bow string in my jacket pocket. I`m not sure why, but it is there.

Tor

L

lee22

i always have with me regardless of what im doing this lot in a small tin....
nail clippers ,small diamond sharpener, small keyring sized SWA penknife (with twizzers and toothpick), leatherman micra and fire starter/flint
in my main kit a have a few 'extra' items added....
hot glue gun stick and tent repair stuff
a deck of cards (i hate just sitting doing nowt lol)
military emergancy morphene injector thingies in my firstaid kit
a peice of tyre inner tube and a lighter
a miniture hip flask full of paraffin
chocolate
hiviz vest
lee

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
spencer wells arterial forceps. Useful for all kinds of stuff. clamp /pliers/needle holder/dilator/ thread puller/ fish hook remover.....get some from a fishing shop or hospital supplier.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I doubt I have nothing that others don't use, but one I haven't seen on this list is a quality compact monocular. Even small bins are pretty bulky but my opticorn monocular is smaller than a marker pen and is great for spotting game, birds, finsing routes etc.

Red

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
CPAP machine to keep my airways open when I sleep - weighty b****r an' all! Been diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnoea.

There goes my lightweight bushcrafting!!! Ho hum. It does give me much better sleep though! haha

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Titanium spork

Everyone else takes the p155 so I must be the only to actually have one :D :eek:

Don't worry Rich, there may be a lot of 'closet sporkers' out there who just won't own up but got it because its Titanium;)

Bit of historical reference here for you, I first came across sporks back in the late 60's, they were used at cocktail/buffet parties, mom and dad had a set and used them when we had people over for drinks and snacks.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I doubt I have nothing that others don't use, but one I haven't seen on this list is a quality compact monocular. Even small bins are pretty bulky but my opticorn monocular is smaller than a marker pen and is great for spotting game, birds, finsing routes etc.

Red

I pack one of those, it's amazing how often it comes in useful.
I have a couple of bits and bobs I usually carry.
A mirror and headtorch in my first aid kit,

Emile

Mar 19, 2009
Edinburgh
I carry an eraser (or rubber) because my pack has an external frame, and the caps have popped off in the past and i can shove that in their place if need be.

I also carry a spoon which has a fork on the other end and can swivel, it used to be my grandfathers army issue one, so its sturdy and the spoon nice and deep; ive never seen anyone else with it...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE