kit thats excited you

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
For the past year or so iv been on the lookout for a new jacket and had real problems finding one suitable my requirements were it must be hard wareing water proof ish good sized pockets and made of cotton but most of all must be suitable for all year round use. Finally after looking and trying lots a decided on a alpha industries m65 field jacket, iv had it a short while now and im over the moon i can wear it this time of year and dont get over heated but its big enough for winter and has the option for the insulated linner and fur hood. I hate having to swap between two or three coats depending on seasons and weather as i like to keep a few things in my pockets and its a pain swaping stuff from coat to coat
so im very happy :)
so have you brought anything that has realy put a smile on your face because youv been looking for ages. Maybe youv bin through twenty rucksacks and never been quite happy with them but then finaly found one that ticked all your boxes.
If so please share whatever it might be.
Thanks

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
have to be my rugged river pack
first pack since i started my 'bushcrafty bimbling' that is not army style and so comfy and purty

Very nice pal im a big fan of canvas packs, they give you a great feeling when wearing them. I quite fancy a duth rambler to go with my pathfinder

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I always get that feeling when I make a bit of kit, try it on and it fits!
In this case it is not the researching the item but the designing that leads to getting just what you want ... but the result is the same - a big grin! :D

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
My Bushcraft UK ventile jacket. Superb in every way, that was one purchase I got right the first time.

Danner waterproof desert boots, sooo comfy and look ace too.

My frost river Isle Royale Jnr pack. Big enough for a couple of nights out or to take the whole tribe out for the day, yet it cinches down to just be a daypack too. It also looks awesome.

Swedish gas mask bag. Cost me 6 quid but it's such a good bimbling bag.

Sent from my phone.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
My dagger Reflection 15 in Royalex Lite. Is a real pleasure to paddle. Sadly no longer made by Dagger the new version is made by Mad River.

I am rather fond of my Pfiel carving tools especially my new small draw knife.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Duluth is on my want list but its also on my HOW MUCH!!! list :)

I no mate my pathfinder i love but is just a bit too big for my daily needs but realy dont want to have to buy a wanderer or rambler i thought about offering it for swap, or i may make some nice leather commpresion straps for the sides to shrink it abit

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
I saved up for my softy jacket way back in 1997, worth every day after wearing wooly pully only.
The advent of softshell is nice, yet snugpak remains the first to hand when nipping out.

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i've just got a refurbished 1940 MkIII prismatic compass. not a looker its got chipped and faded paint and some of the glow in the dark bits are missing but its dead accurate and its got history

Sam,.

thats a beautiful piece of kit mate,..

can you point me in the direction of a supplier please?
i wish i could but i am afraid they are no longer making packs
i was lucky i got one second hand and i know the gent who sold it to me is filled with seller's regret
shame they aren't going anymore as its a real beaut and i would happily get rid of all packs i own to replace them with others from this company

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i wish i could but i am afraid they are no longer making packs
i was lucky i got one second hand and i know the gent who sold it to me is filled with seller's regret
shame they aren't going anymore as its a real beaut and i would happily get rid of all packs i own to replace them with others from this company

awww!

my search has turned up the Frosts River stuff now too!!!!

oh no! ,..looks like i,m going to be investing in a canvas jobby,.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE