Kit on Eternal Expedition

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Gaggh Got back from a long weekend away with Julie camping down in Tenby late last night and unpacking the gear now discovered my favourite pocket knife an Opinel No8 + firesteel have gone walkabout. At times I think they are dimensionally unstable or posibbly even sentient like socks or biro's that also inexplicably vanish, perhaps unhappy with their current owners wander off in search of new adventures.

It can't be just me this happens to, what gear have you guys lost on your travels?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As I'm pretty anal on where I put gear I don't often misplace it whilst out. Though my dislike of camouflage kit was bourne out when I "lost" a Realtree Zippo lighter in the woods a few years back.
I'm afraid I'm a bit of a "pocket patter" and constantly check stuff and always pop them in the same place while out.
Sorry to hear of your loss though, hope they turn up.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I'v got an old gerber bolt action that constantly goes walkabout, always turns up having found its way down the back of the sofa or to the bottom of a bag

The worst one ever for me was losing my AW woodlore in the snow for three months
I'd show a pic of it but I fear it would be too upsetting....when I found it I let it dry out, oiled it up and then couldn't even look at it for six months

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
A pair of CS95 mvp lined gloves in Norway, I was stupid enough to thread them onto the loop on my walking pole, and didn't notice when they came off.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Gaggh Got back from a long weekend away with Julie camping down in Tenby late last night and unpacking the gear now discovered my favourite pocket knife an Opinel No8 + firesteel have gone walkabout. At times I think they are dimensionally unstable or posibbly even sentient like socks or biro's that also inexplicably vanish, perhaps unhappy with their current owners wander off in search of new adventures.

Something similar happened to me recently (not with a knife), I knew exactly where i had been and when I had last used it, searched hi&lo before breaking camp, was absolutely perplexed as to how it had gone missing, turned up inside my sleeping bag 10 days later when I got round to airing it out and re-packing it.

Hope you are lucky too.

rorymax

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE