Kiszka lessons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Learnt a valuable lesson last night while making kiszka for the first time. It's the polish variant of black pudding: a mixture of pork meat, offal, blood and buckwheat groats, seasoned with salt pepper and marjoram. Lesson learnt was that vegetarian sausage skins are water soluble! So after 2 hours of boiling, mincing and stuffing, my beautiful sausage links turned to mulch during the final cook off, requiring me to strain off and re-stuff 2 dozen sausages. Was not happy, clearing up at midnight 😠

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Had a couple on the bbq tonight. Have more like this in the freezer, along with 2 dozen Dunns River Jerk Seasoning pork sausages1464121600087-351712152.jpg they do taste good. Next time I will use traditional casings and maybe add some garlic salt

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
Yeah, I used to use the collagen casings, but switched to the veggie ones as I like to have a few vegetarian sausages in the freezer just in case. I wIll be stocking both from now on.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I would like to add - they look delicious!
Once I get a source for fresh pigs blood, I eill myself make a similar sausage, the Czech "Jelito".
The difference seems to be really small. They use boiled Barley, and very little, or no pork fat.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE