Kipor KDE12STa Generator 8.5Kva

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Whilst looking to sell on, I'll be candid in my views on this piece of..... er equipment.

Fortunate to live quite remote up in Moray ( just outside Dallas if you want to check map as strictly collect only ). My house has no mains services and whilst wind and solar set up is slowly growing, hard to beat a diesel generator to make up the shortfall.

Completely ignoring my own belief in strong brands, avoiding cheap tat, Chinese build quality and the Evil Bay, I bought this machine about 14 months ago ( £XXXX)- I plead insanity!

It is a nice bright yellow and about 1metre long by 80cm wide and tall. It is fitted inside a semi acoustic case and has 4 inch wheels. Weighs about 250kg. Output is rated 240Vac 8.5Kva, peak 9.5Kva. Control is via a digital panel - with auto preheat etc etc. It has a plug socket to take the automatic start device made by Kipor. Powered by water cooled twin cylinder diesel engine. Full specs are on anyone of about 4 current listings on ebay - priced £1700-£2000.

It has about 120 hours on the clock and was properly run in. I have 4 or 5 spare oil filters and a few other bits which are included.

Now the hard sell! I hate the thing!

Firstly the frequency control unit wouldnt let the engine run on the 50Hz setting ( actual output 55.6 Hz ), long dialogue with supplier confirmed this was still with factory tolerances - no warranty. So to operate had to set to 60 Hz ( actual 57.1 hz ). This will operate most things just fine, but not the Inverter I wanted to hook up to the unit. On the last oil change, all appeared fine, but the engine now cuts off after 20 seconds with the diagnostic screen claiming low oil pressure. Several hours of tinkering have failed to resolve. Views are split as to whether there is an air lock in the oil system or the sender unit is US - I'm beyond caring! :aargh4:

In the interim my Kubota and Lister generators are ticking over sweetly. This nice yellow generator is just taking up space. I could fork out to get it running and then Ebay it on, but I cant bring myself to try to pass on a lemon that way. The goof stops here.

So if anyone has a hankering for a genset, feels they can overcome - or even just want to make a turn on it, please get in touch. Just please,please be aware of what you are getting. Because of weight, buyer will need to collect with trailer, van, pick-up etc - but we live in a beautiful part of the world and you are welcome to pitch camp over-night if you want to make a weekend trip up. Please do have a look at the map - we are a good 4 hours on from Glasgow. Also last 1/2 mile is down a rough track, over loaded mini vans wont make it back to the road.

To make it a sale, putting price at £150 or offers. However, if interested party is a group - Scouts etc or intended use is for good cause - say running Tony's hair dryer at Bushmoots, then call it £15. My preference is to see it go somewhere that might get it going and have use of something they couldnt otherwise afford.

If you really need a dependable generator for something important - get a Lister!

Any questions, please get in touch. I dont have any photos to hand, but a Google search under the description will bring stuff up. The unit is unmarked and other than not running, sadly as new.

Did I mention it is in a really attractive yellow colour?

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Mark

Just a quick post to check last PM got through - not a forum gripe, my satellite BB has been playing up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE