Kinesiology tape

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
So I've found a new addition to my FAK..

Kinesiology tape... for those that don't know its basically a self adhesive slight stretchy fabric type tape that is pitched at being amazing for sports folk and blah blah blah... personally I never considered it until recently where I developed (self diagnosed naturally) patella tendonitus...

Basically after some fair distance walking I developed some serious knee pain and the only thing I had was self adhering doggy bandage, problem is its painful wrapped tight behind the knee. This kinesiology tape however has allowed me to continue to move around at a very sedentary but pretty much painless pace whilst it heals.. (prior to any wrapping, every step was agony).

I believe I paid about £5-6 for a roll of 5m, probably can be obtained for far less online, but I was desperate and in a pharmacy. Beauty of it is being self adhesive it stays on, been 2nd night it's on, 2 showers later.... I dread to think how painful and hairless my leg will be once I take it off...

Reactions: Minotaur

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
A lot of US hikers recommend carrying Leukotape for hot spots and blisters. I do wonder what the difference is between the 2?

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
A lot of US hikers recommend carrying Leukotape for hot spots and blisters. I do wonder what the difference is between the 2?
No idea, never heard of Leukotape (I'll look into it), I can't imagine how pleasant putting K-tape on a blister would be... Its painful enough taking it off when it rips all my leg hair off!

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
You put on the whatever tape before blistering latest when you start to feel the hot spot. If developed into a full blister I use Micropore tape and let it be there until it wears (or washes) off.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
No idea, never heard of Leukotape (I'll look into it), I can't imagine how pleasant putting K-tape on a blister would be... Its painful enough taking it off when it rips all my leg hair off!
It could be that it is one of the things going for it. No more hunt the blister plaster as this stuff stays in place.

You put on the whatever tape before blistering latest when you start to feel the hot spot. If developed into a full blister I use Micropore tape and let it be there until it wears (or washes) off.
I think the lightweight hikers use it for both duties.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE