Kifaru 4-Man tipi (maybe plus stove as well)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Hi folks. We have here a brilliant Kifaru 4-man tipi (as seen glowing at recent North Woods meets!) I bought it on here - see link http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69592&p=843822#post843822 Basic dimentions - 6'6" tall, 10.5ft x 13 ft oval shape. This has a LOT of space inside.

This is in exceptional condition - no marks/tears etc. I really love this beastie, but a mate in the US has a larger one for sale, so.... These are ridiculously light, yet incredibly strong - as tested in Alsaka, Everest expeditions etc in very high winds. The stainless steel stove for example - including the chimney and cordura bag (briefcase size that hoods the complete stove and chimney) weighs in at just 2kg, the tent, poles, pegs, bag etc less than 2.5kg! And if you fire the stove up, it can double as a sauna:) The stove also comes with the optional snow base and warming rack/shelf, which also fit into the cordura "briefcase"..

I'm asking £400 for tipi, and if you really twist my arm I'll throw in the Medium Kifaru stove for another £250 (although I'd prefer not to, as it'll cost more than that to get a replacement). This is way, way below what it would cost to get delivered over to the UK (and in fact about the same price as is currently being asked for the same tent and stove in similar condition in the US on the Kifaru forums, so it really is a good deal.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Cheers Martin. With the stove going, its the first time I've ever been in a tent where the outer fabric was dry even when it was raining - maybe I should be advertising it as having a forcefield:)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
PM sent. I am after a tent for a canoe trip in canada at the end of the month & this will fit the billI think. Plus it it made by Kifaru, which for some unknown reason I am rather partial to. PM sent

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Well done that man, alas another fine lavvu escapes me. One day I'll have the funds ready and waiting.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
It is being delived by hand this evening so I get to play with it at the weekend. Cant wait.

Like many I have wanted a Lavu / Tentipi fir longer meets, winter camping etc... While these types if tipis are not cheap I have hopefully got a good deal here. Time will tell & the real test will be in Canada at the end of the month.:)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
PM sent. I am after a tent for a canoe trip in canada at the end of the month & this will fit the billI think. Plus it it made by Kifaru, which for some unknown reason I am rather partial to. PM sent

Maybe because they make high quality stuff. Saw this, was tempted but my Mr Sensible said no. You know the little voice in the ear: 'Another shelter, how many do you need?'

Sounds like its gone to a good home.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Was delivered in person, so cant ask for better than that. Had a great chat about the tent, bushcraft etc..

The tent looks great & is ridiculously light for the size of it. The zips are Bib chunky ones & the whole thing looks bullet proof, which is Kifaru UL stuff in a nutshell. The material looks exactly the same as Kif Ultra Light pocket I picked up a while ago (1400x150x120mm ish) & to my amazement this 4 person Tipi fit's inside it, without the poles.... I will have to see if I can get it put up tomorrow after work.

So far I am mega pleased & a Big Thanks to Andy BB for bringing it round.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE