Kettle that fits in a billy

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Does anyone know of a small kettle that will fit in a billy?

I have been looking at the zebra billies but before I get one I want to make sure I can fit a kettle in one as well but I dont want to have to get a giant billy.

The Trangia 27 kettle is 13.7 x 7 cm, would this fit in a 14cm zebra billy?

They don't have to be zebra and trangia, I was just using those as an example.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've always used a kettle, a trangia 27 kettle inside the trangia pots for the last 3 years but I stopped using it at christmas when I left the kettle at home. I haven't bothered with it since, I just use the pots and haven't really missed the kettle either.
Cheesy meths and pasta flavoured coffee is an aquired taste, but is easily solved by putting some whiskey in it.:)

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
or you could get one of these litech kettle. i've got one of these and its brilliant! weighs 213g and its 1.5L. also the lid opening is big enough for you to eat out of.
i couple it with one of these litech frying pan. the frying pan is the deepest one on the market and is great for boiling rice in etc. also it only weighs 250g so coupled with the kettle they both weigh less combined than a 12cm zebra billy can.
here is both my 12cm zebra billy and my litech kettle and frying pan. spork included for size comparison!
DSC00253.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE