Kent meetup for the new year?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yeah, in theory I'd be up for it.
It all depends on when, of course, but I'm open to the idea.
The North Downs has got to be a good option if you're thinking of an outside meet-up.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Well i was hoping to maybe have an overnighter because as yet my history is solo camping in local woodland. I love being alone when i'm out and about but have recently decided to be more sociable and hope to learn plenty of new skills from people.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Ah.
Well, if there was to be a number of people, then what about the Bushcraft Magazine site near Charing? It'll cost £10 each, mind you. But at least it'd be somewhere where a group of people could be without having to 'hide'.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Ah.
Well, if there was to be a number of people, then what about the Bushcraft Magazine site near Charing? It'll cost £10 each, mind you. But at least it'd be somewhere where a group of people could be without having to 'hide'.

I was thinking the same thing;) Not been there but i know about it and have seen your post about it:)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
No, it's just about impossible to get there by public transport, I'm afraid.
If you go on one of their courses then they will come and collect you from a nearby transport point (e.g. Charing train station).
I'm sure if we go ahead with this then someone who lives near you would be willing to give you a lift though.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
I should chime in with this one ;) As Durulz says its £10 a night but I am sure we can sort something out. Mad Mike was up for organising a Wood tools meet up around the same time. Anyway sort out the dates and I'll have a chat with Huw (the owner).
Not a great deal of woodland on the site but enough for a few hammocks. Plenty of room for tents and bivvis. No water on site though (other than the pond and stream) so bring plenty.

New course dates are up on the website and details for the May meet too.

Bardster
www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
doh! i should think i'll be there this saturday though-where exactly is is? and what sort of time?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE