Kent group Pub meet - 9th February

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Details for the February pub meet are:

When: Tuesday 9th February - 1930
Where: George and Dragon, Fordwich, Kent. - CT2 0DB

There is plenty of parking at the pub. Nearest station is Sturry, on the Ashford - Ramsgate line. From there it's a 5 minute walk up the road to the pub. There are also buses that go past the station from Canterbury, Herne Bay/Whitstable, Margate, and Ramsgate.

The pub is also on National Cycle Route 1.

Hopefully we can use this meet to finalise plans for our February trip out. I hope to see lots of you there.

Julia

Gooner

Forager
Feb 27, 2014
Kent
Won't be able to attend this, however I would like to suggest that the dates of potential meets are put on forum, so that if people can attend they can pm organiser for location etc.
It seems to work for other areas.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
In the past we have posted meets and were faced with a situation where all the local people had dropped out. This left Quixoticgeek and I with the situation of 2 of us and 4 guys coming who we had never met.
We had already changed the location off of my permission to somewhere else.
If people do not come to pub meets or day walks with us I am not prepared to take total strangers to my permission.
All the places where we camp out for weekends are my campsites bar one. If someone else wants to sort out places to go and put them up on the net- feel free.

Gooner

Forager
Feb 27, 2014
Kent
In the past we have posted meets and were faced with a situation where all the local people had dropped out. This left Quixoticgeek and I with the situation of 2 of us and 4 guys coming who we had never met.
We had already changed the location off of my permission to somewhere else.
If people do not come to pub meets or day walks with us I am not prepared to take total strangers to my permission.
All the places where we camp out for weekends are my campsites bar one. If someone else wants to sort out places to go and put them up on the net- feel free.

Lyn (Birchwood) I think you missed the question I asked. It was for the dates only and then a pm could be sent to the organiser.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
No I didn't really miss the question. If the dates are put up then it kind of says that it is open to all of the forum.
For instance the next meet is the weekend after next. On my permission by my invitation only , and yes Gooner you are invited.
If the meet went up as open on the forum then someone will have to find a different location.

Yes Klenchblaise it would be nice to have some meets further afield. We have been discussing this.
At the moment I am a bit restricted in driving very far as I have had a massive operation on my leg and only just got behind the wheel again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE