Kent Campsite recommendations

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I usually go to Forgewood in Tonbridge Wells but they are having trouble with their permissions at the moment so thought I'd ask for some recommendations of where to camp in Kent.

I'd like a campsite that allows camp fires and has woodland for hammocking and a field for tents (preferably bordering the woods), not too worried about the facilities but loos would be good. Unfortunately my laziness prevents me from wild camping.

So where do you recommend?

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Contact the bushcraft magazine that's based in egerton,they may allow you to camp at the farm.There's plenty of trees to hang your hammock from and a great place to base camp and explore the area.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Badgells Woods might be of interest to you

Never been there but it's on my list of possible sites :)

Been on my list too, but they aren't open during the week (except school holidays), so never enquired. I have emailed them though and they have said they can take a mid week booking for me, so should be nice and quiet!

Contact the bushcraft magazine that's based in egerton,they may allow you to camp at the farm.There's plenty of trees to hang your hammock from and a great place to base camp and explore the area.

That was next on my list, but Badgells wood looks to have solved the problem for now. Its really hard to find suitable camping places in Kent, seen a few that look perfect only to find that they're a bit too mainstream campsite. I really need to save my pennies and get my own woodland!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE