Kelly kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Sorry to disillusion you but once they leak they are Kn***ered.
I have tried radweld and all sorts of options, but iddylic as they seem, they are fragile. I am into my fourth and it is again leaking. I shan't be buying another. I did drop a breeze blockon one tho', but the rest.........Cr*p

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
beachlover said:
Sorry to disillusion you but once they leak they are Kn***ered.
I have tried radweld and all sorts of options, but iddylic as they seem, they are fragile. I am into my fourth and it is again leaking. I shan't be buying another. I did drop a breeze blockon one tho', but the rest.........Cr*p
Depends on the leak though, my one never leaked, then it started to leak, but now its stopped again...???

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
So true!

We boil vinegar in our kette once a month or more to shift it

Don't get me started on the hot water tank!

Red

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I didn't know that you could seal a pot with hard water; what a neat idea :D Will it work on cracked pottery and the like too?
Our water is very soft, it use to sometimes be pale honey coloured from the peat after really heavy rain, but it never furs up.

cheers,
Toddy

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
British Red said:
So true!

We boil vinegar in our kette once a month or more to shift it

Don't get me started on the hot water tank!

Red
You can't miss Red's house it's the one that smells of Fish 'n' Chips :lmao:

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Yesterday I've gone several times around with my pliers pushing it hard close and now it doesn't leak anymore :) I've also boiled ground water in it, which leaves an iron residue at the bottom.

maybe I'll sell it before it leaks again ;)

I've also finally succesfully used the grate of the kelly kettle (which is sold as extra) on the base to cook, as I used oak to burn and that left really good coals to cook on after the water had boiled :) (I boiled the kk several times, changing the water, so there were plenty of coals - but after several hours it was still warm and when I tossed the ash out it was full of glowing coals)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE