kelly kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Interesting, I was just wondering what to do with the frying pan which came with the kelly kettle!
I think the tin can method looks really good, I'll try to find one myself :)

Other then that I've been very happy with the kelly kettle in the last weeks. i've been camping in the ardennes where it was a great joy to use, definately with all the wood just lying around. I didn't even have to stand up to take wood, I just sat and took what law around me and that was enough for boiling 3 liters :). Then also I use it a lot just to boil water for grain coffee, thee or soup at home. I love to make fire anyway :) And the kelly kettle is my perfect excuse to be able to make some flames.

greetings, gunnix

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
gunnix said:
Interesting, I was just wondering what to do with the frying pan which came with the kelly kettle!
I think the tin can method looks really good, I'll try to find one myself :)

I've been thinking about what I would do if I got one.
Came up with 2 possible designs for either all that's needed is 2 bits of ( probably) aluminium.
Simplest design was 2 pieces about the ouside diameter of the top of the KK make two slots, cut to halfway in each, which are as slightly wider than the lip of the KK ) approx pop ontop and you've got an instant pot support with an air gap. Being as they are not fixed together this allows them to be used either parallel or at and angle to each other.

The other design was as a crossbrace.
This involves 3 cuts in per piece, a center cut in each, as wide as the thickness of the crossbrace pieces. One from top to halfway the other from bottom to halfway.
The 2 ( in ech ) outer cuts need to be made all from the bottom and wide enough to fit over the KK outside lip. Make the outside of those cuts half the KK top diameter from the center. Fit the 2 braces together and pop ontop of the KK. Probably a more stable version than the first one.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Has anyone tried the Pan Support available from Kelly themselves. Have just bought one but it seems rather insecure. The support is about 1/4" narrower than the Chimney opening. I know it needs some clearance but 1/4" seems rather a lot.
Anyone else got one?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE