Katadyn Hiker Water Filter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
After my walk with Jason it has come to my attention that a pump filter is an essential piece of kit for being out and about for a couple of days. Unfortunately I can't afford £200 for the top of the range model but I can justify the Hiker as it's only £50, from what I can see it is essentially the same idea and as I would only be using water from streams anyway it doesn't need to filter anything special it's more just piece of mind that it's been filtered through something.

The biggest difference seems to be that it will only filter 750 litres but that would probably do me a few years and the replacements are cheap. The only difference I can find with the Hiker and the Hiker Pro is that it is you can clean the filter in the field but you can upgrade the Hiker filter to a Hiker Pro filter so when the tome comes I would do that.

Does anyone have any experience with this filter and would they recommend it?

Here's the link http://shop.packyourbags.com/acatal...er.html?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=organic

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I ventured into my first filter not so long ago Scott, after a bit of advice I searched for a gravity bag filter which are well regarded over the pond but not so common over here yet.

Drink Safe make one called the Supalite which has a 0.6L bag (245g), you fill it up and then either hang it off a tree or place on an upslope, worth a look anyway ...

[video=youtube;YPwFmkDQ_iI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPwFmkDQ_iI[/video]

Last edited:

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
I have the Katadyn Hiker Water Filter and the MSR Miniworks EX Microfilter, I like them both but the Miniworks is easier to maintain while you are on the trail.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE