karrimor Sabre 60 - 100 Where to buy cheap?

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I have had a look at a few online shops in the UK and they want to charge me 50 to 130 Pounds for shipping to Australia. OMG what a rip off! Surley it should be cheaper than that.

Not at all. It costs an absolute shed load to ship to Oz. I've looked into costs for shipping bags there in the past and the cost has been as much as the bag. This is down to the charges to us by the carrier not by any charges we add to the would be client.

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
I have just done a check out of curiosity. The sabre 60 has a dry weight of 3.9KG add to that side pouches and packaging and I think it is fair to say around 4.5KG combined weight.

You then need insurance of at least £150 to cover the bag.

If you go to RoyalMail international shipping guides it gives £79.99 as a price for international standard.

Also keep in mind that there's also added charges if the parcel is over a certain size, the cost of packaging etc

I wouldn't say it is a rip off but would definatly recommend buying a different bag closer to home. I have used the Sabre and, although good, I have used better.

The Berghaus Vulcan is a great bag and Berghaus has an australian dealer so shipping should be cheaper:

AUSTRALIA - Distributor
Outdoor Agencies PTY Ltd
Unit 6/43
Herbert Street
Artarmon
NSW 2064
Australia
Tel: +61 2 9438 2266
Fax: +61 2 9438 2520

Also there is an Australian Karrimor dealer:
Adventure Agencies Ltd
802 Fergusson Drive,
Upper Hutt
+ 64 4528 8245
+ 64 4528 8248
www.dwights.co.nz
sales@dwights.co.nz

Even if they don't stock the SF range, I am sure they could import one over cheaper.

Hope this helps

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
I asked the NZ company how much a sabre 45 with side pockets would be including shipping to Australia... as I recal it was close to $400...
Instead I had a local company, summitgear.com.au make me up a pack to my specifications, and for $270.
I like the look of sabre, but I don't think they're worth it unless they are already in the country.

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
i got to say, i love the sabre, but faced with those shipping costs, i'd also recommend the berghaus - assuming you dont mind fixed back/top loader.

There's many good bags out there, and id imagine in oz the heat would make you notice weight more, so maybe the best isnt the sabre overall.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Hi,

I haven't posted on BCUK for ages but this post caught my eye.

Adventure agencies here in NZ have DPM Sabre 45's that they are trying to get rid of for $99.00 NZD I was offered one last week. It's possible to get PLCE side pouches here in NZ pretty easily and cheaply Kiwidisposals a surplus shop in Christchurch has a heap in green.

I imported a Berghaus Vulcan from RV Ops as we didn't have a Berghaus distributor here in NZ at the time.

It was about 50 GBP to ship it from Plymouth to NZ IIRC. Adventure agencies also have some of the larger Sabre Packs I saw them last week when I was in Wellington.

Try them first as the stuff they have is already in the southern hemisphere and they will have picked up most of the freight cost.

Hope this helps

Cheers

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE