Karrimor Sabre 45 ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all i am stil new to this ,i went to brockwell woods a few month ago and loved it, i want to get out more next year and maybe do full weekend and go to a few meets maybe but one crucial peice of equipment i still dont have is a rucksack, firstly i was looking at the maxpedition condor ii but then i have relised its too small for sleeping bag and mat and tent etc, i will only be doing one night or hopefully weekends next year so was thinking maybe the Karrimor Sabre 45 then i always have the option of side pouches , i am sure been asked a million times if it has i appologise but would you recomend this bag for the price range or is there something better ? think the size is just right for 2-3 days away and like i said always option of pouches

thanks and any help appreciated
Dean

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like the Sabres, there's cheaper and more expensive alternatives but I think they're good value.

Depending on the kit you have, a 45L should do you fine for a weekend trip

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I like mine very much, I would get the side pouches as well. depending on what size sleeping bag you take out with you then you might find it gets full quickly. In my set up I have a DD tarp and Travel Hammock, 3/4 sleep mat, Swedish meths cook set. 1lt flask, change of clothes, small wash kit and bivi bag. It all fits with some spare space for food bits and bobs etc. Hope this helps

Cheers

Rick

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
so is karrimor a decent brand and quality as good as say berghaux and maxpedition ? just want to make sure if spending this money it will last and be good quality

thanks dean

Apr 25, 2012
Wolverhampton
I would defiantly recommend the sabre series. They're quality defiantly worth their money. I have the 45, bought it second hand and it's still going strong. Yourll get what you pay for!

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
so is karrimor a decent brand and quality as good as say berghaux and maxpedition ? just want to make sure if spending this money it will last and be good quality

thanks dean

The Karrimor sabres (sf) are excellent packs & made by PRI to military specs. ...............the other 'civvy' Karrimor packs on the other hand are cheaply made junk.

The 45 is a short pack, some folk find this OK but if you have a tall back you may end up carrying all the weight on your shoulders. The best would be to find somewhere to try one on, with some weight in it, before you part with your pennies.

Last edited:

Deano3

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2012
Newcastle
well thanks a lot everyone for your help think will go with this pack and i am only 5ft 10 or so should be ok

thanks everyone
Dean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE