Karrimor Predator Side Pocket - Anyone got one

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Yep. I have two, and use them as a direct replacement for the side pockets on my Lowe Alpine Sting. I carry a fair amount of little bits and bobs and don't wish to carry anything on my belt, so the pockets come as a welcome alternative to the normal side pouches. Not really much else to say other than that they're very robust and comprise two smaller pockets, a larger lower pocket and a full length nylon rear pocket. Do you have any particular requirements in mind that you'd like more info on?

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Thanks Silverhill Forge

Like you, I carry lots of bits and pieces, but find putting them in a larger standard side pocket can make things a pain to find.

I was more concerned with the practicality of the pockets as the 2 smaller ones are designed to take ammunition magazines. I was also concerned about the quality of them as Karrimor have released some not so good kit in recent years and I didn't want to fork out for 2 of these, only to find out they were rubbish.

Thanks

Phill

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I bought one brand-new off the 'Bay and one from the members classifieds on here and they are both of the highest standard of workmanship. Oakhill Wanderer also had one in Coyote/Tan which was of equal quality, but I believe he's shifted that one on as he wasn't a fan of the small pockets. To give you an idea, the little pockets will take two UCO Mini Lanterns side-on (at a push) and the big single pocket will just about stretch to carrying a Nato Folding Shovel. Overloading the pocket with said shovel is not a great idea, but it gives you an idea of the capability. The pockets also come with velcro which can be used in addition to the fastex buckle, but equally can be covered by a slip of fabric to stop the velcro bonding together (for use in noise-sensitive military situations I guess). The only gripe I have is that the base of the pockets are made by tucking and sewing the fabric back under itself which means the bottom of each pocket tapers to a point and not a 'box' like most webbing pouches.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I bought some Karrimor KSB boots a while back and they were rubbish. Leaked like a sieve no matter what I did to them. My daughter has now blagged them for school.

I have also heard bad reports about the quality of their rucksacks since transferring production to China, I believe it was.

So I thought I would just be careful and check out how good these were before investing in 1 or 2.

Phill

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Now you mention it, I remember reading that when I was looking into getting a Sabre. Oh how the memory fails as the years progress.

Thanks for the reminder folks, feel much more relaxed about the quality of these now.

Thanks for the vid link... Only thing is the guy keeps referring to the pockets as having "pooches". I don't want to strap little dogs to the side of my pack :p

Phill

Last edited:

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
I can't tell if this is sarcastic

Not at all, I suspected that the OP was thinking of non-SF Karrimor stuff but wanted to be sure before pointing out what the other two above have.
I've had emails from people complaining about KSB boots and even not getting the free gift with them, why they think this is my fault when I don't even sell them I don't know!

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Sorry to resurrect, but didn't see the point in starting another thread.

Can any of the owners comment on the size of the smaller pouches? Are they big enough to hold a water bottle? 1L nalgene, crusader etc?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Have the one with the large pocket on the bottom and 2 smaller ones above, the only issue I have is that small bits can escape as the flap doez not seal the top as such, because it is designed for mags. There nww molle side patch may be a better option and add appropriate pouches

Oct 31, 2015
Dudley
The reason they taper and are not box shaped is going feet first through tight spaces ie. Hatches etc so as not to snag or tear or generally not getting stuck

Willcurrie

Aug 2, 2015
Argyll
Got one with the two smaller pockets at the top and one with the double omni pockets. The two smaller pockets I'm undecided about and anything that goes into any of the pockets needs to be bagged or bulky enough lot to be able to fall out. I've only recently bought my sabre 45 to hold the extra kit I need for winter overnighters. I'm missing the organisation of my rush 24 that I use for the rest of the year. I've come across the medics pouch for the side of the sabre which I've got on order and I hope it gives me the organisation for small bits of kit that I'm missing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE