Karrimor Jaguar 55

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Nice one, I had one years ago which got stolen from my tent a reading festival back in 97 or98 great bags

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The jaguars have a long line of service with Karrimor, from way back , so got a good pedigree :).

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I think it relates to the main bag being the 50l and the pockets make it up to 75l. Does it have side compression straps if it does these would adjust the volume.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I've got a cheetah 60/85 which is very similar. Great bag. Can't fault it. Very comfortable and stable. It's great for the mountains,

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I have a really old Panther, and it is still my go-to bag. Tough as old boots.
I've got one too - found it abandoned in the attic of a place I was renting :D
It is insanely tough and is now the only large pack I use! (The price was right too ;) )

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
hello,

i wonder if you could answer a few questions for me.

What does the pack weigh, as I seem to remember this pack not being the 3kg monster its big brother is.

And two.

Is the hip belt removable, as being a wippet, I tend to get brused hips if the belt is too short.

Pete

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
hello,

i wonder if you could answer a few questions for me.

What does the pack weigh, as I seem to remember this pack not being the 3kg monster its big brother is.

And two.

Is the hip belt removable, as being a wippet, I tend to get brused hips if the belt is too short.

Pete

Hi Pete, the pack comes in at a tad over 2.7 kg (according to my scales) and the waist belt is non removable. Hope this helps.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Hi Pete, the pack comes in at a tad over 2.7 kg (according to my scales) and the waist belt is non removable. Hope this helps.

yup, but don't take offence.

a 3kg pack I'd have to take an external frame pack to justify it, 20% of full pack weight is too much.

And on the other hand, its a really good hardwearing bag for daily use.

But the hipbelt for a racing snake like me is no good. Biggest problem with all bags for me.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
yup, but don't take offence.

a 3kg pack I'd have to take an external frame pack to justify it, 20% of full pack weight is too much.

And on the other hand, its a really good hardwearing bag for daily use.

But the hipbelt for a racing snake like me is no good. Biggest problem with all bags for me.

What pack do you use?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
What pack do you use?

A karrimor panther 65 with side permanent pockets, that has a custom hip belt, and is slimmed down to about 60l (thinning the pack by resewing the sleeping bag compartment)without all the gubbins on it(compression straps, sleeping bag zip, extra hooks etc) by the good people at lancashire sports repairs, well worth it. Bag cost me 90 and the alterations the same, but good value as its perfect for me.

External frame for me at that weight (30 kg+) but thats a good day bag that you can treat rough. Real fire and forget bag that .

Edit

real fire and forget bag the jaguar!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE