Justin Burke tomahawk and Q and A

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I recently treated myself to a tomahawk from America as an early birthday present. It was made by a Tennessee blacksmith called Justin Burke who folk may have seen on Ben Fogle's 'Lives in the Wild' series.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It was a bit of an indulgence on my part (I don't normally do indulgence) and even after a sting in the tail from customs I'm still really pleased with it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I've chucked a quick review and pictures up here if anyone wants a look. Suffice to say that I'm well pleased to own an American hawk and indeed pleased with it too. He also took time out to do a quick question and answer which is at the end of the page.[/FONT]

http://austinlill.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/justin-burke-tomahawk.html

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Thanks for taking time to post the article - that was interesting and always good to see someone making a living doing what they love.
That is a nice looking hawk - I like the fact that it has a substantial head. Many of the mass produced ones we see imported look a little light in the head for serious chopping but I don't think you'll have any problems there.
never used a hawk myself so I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the straight handle. Nice touch though that it comes with spare handles - that speaks of a maker who is as concerned with the end user as he is with making some cash.
Look forward to a follow up when the hawk has had some serious use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE