Just broke my opinel saw :(

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Can't believe it, was cutting through a bit of hazel for a project- nothing hardcore- and it literally fell apart in my hand...gutted. I'd like to keep using the one I have but the blades seem more expensive than just buying a new saw! Anyone happen to have a spare saw or blade hanging around? Or know where to get one cheaply?

Cheers, joab

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Can't believe it, was cutting through a bit of hazel for a project- nothing hardcore- and it literally fell apart in my hand...gutted. I'd like to keep using the one I have but the blades seem more expensive than just buying a new saw! Anyone happen to have a spare saw or blade hanging around? Or know where to get one cheaply?

Cheers, joab

This doesn't surprise me, to be honest. My Opinel 12 blade bent the first time I used it... despite it being a typical cut through a normal piece of Beech wood. I'm just going to stick with the Laplander!

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
I have other saws but this one fits nicely in my pocket when I'm out for a quick wander with the dog- pretty effective too on the small stuff

Cheers, joab

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Sorry should have explained.when my mate first got the saw I was like woah! I want one.on closer inspection of the blade it seemed too be what looked like grooves/almost even a grain like marks across the length of the blade.at the time I said that don't look right n sure enough dink! That's were it snapped

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Sorry should have explained.when my mate first got the saw I was like woah! I want one.on closer inspection of the blade it seemed too be what looked like grooves/almost even a grain like marks across the length of the blade.at the time I said that don't look right n sure enough dink! That's were it snapped

Contact opinel with photos.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cant saw I have had a problem with mine, most peoples do t use them properly as they are a pull saw and will buckle on a push stroke .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE