Juniper Box Stoves - Last Ones Ever!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I've finally finished my PhD and got a job, so bizarrely enough I finally had time to start assembling the last few Juniper Box Stoves I had lying in pieces in the shed. All stoves can be disassembled by removing the provided R-Clips. They are laser cut from stainless steel and finished by hand. I do all the work in my garden or front hall, but I try very hard to ensure they are finished to a high standard. The external dimensions when assembled are (LxWxH) are 26cm x 21cm x 21cm and it weighs approximately 1.5kg. They are primarily intended for use with wood, but I've yet to find a solid fuel they wont happily burn.

I had a run of 50 of these laser cut a few years ago and tried to make a go of selling them for a business. However the fact that small runs of laser cutting are very expensive, coupled with the fact that the stoves proved to be extremely time consuming to finish by hand means that there will not be a second production run. I'm down to my final 16 at the time of posting, and once they are gone there will be no more. On the plus side you can profit from my experiment and own a unique portable stove which has been hand finished by a guy with an obsession for detail

I'm asking 30 pounds via paypal which includes postage within UK and all fees. (NB - The final stove does not have a grill).

Total Available Stoves Remaining: 0

DSCF6940.jpg

Two newly assembled stoves posing with my own much used and abused personal stove which has served me well for years

DSCF6941.jpg

Comparison between stove bases showing R-clip retention system. It is physically impossible for the stoves to come apart while the R-Clips are in place (at least, not without the use of a chisel or angle grinder!)

DSCF6943.jpg

Dismantled stove next to assembled stove. Silva compass is there to provide scale.

DSCF6944.jpg

Stove running

DSCF6950.jpg

​Tea's Ready!

Last edited:

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I'm away on holiday next week, so last chance to snap one up for a while. I probably also start listing them on Ebay or Etsy as well, so please bear in mind that this is not the only place I sell them.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
That's another away pending the usual. Stock figures updated. When I sell the currently assembled stoves I'll build some more although it will have to wait till a weekend. At the same time I'll do a full count of how many unassembled stoves are left. I think it should be 10 left when the currently assembled ones are gone.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
This weekend I finally assembled all of the remaining stoves. There are 10 complete stoves and 1 stove which for some reason is missing its grill. Initially I had planned to sell all of them. However, I originally designed these stoves with a crisis relief role in mind, but had been unable to work out the practicalities of getting them to the 3rd world. Looking at the remaining stoves sitting on my living room table, I find myself thinking that it would be good if at least some of my stoves are used for their intended purpose. Accordingly I've resolved to try and find a charity to give my final 10 stoves to who are able to get them to people who really need them. If I am unable to find a charity which wants them, I will list them here again.

To that end, I am offering up for sale one final stove. It may be the last one of these sold ever. The stove in question is the one that is missing its grill, so I am offering it at a discounted price of £30 including postage and any fees. First one to ask gets it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE