Jungle sleeping bag in the Cairngorms

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jjfsmth

Jan 30, 2015
London
Hi Community,
This is my first post, so go easy on me, I implore you.
I recently got hold of a British Army jungle sleeping bag and was hoping to test it out when it gets a bit warmer. Now I have a trip planned to go to the Cairngorms national park in may and have been toying with the notion that the bag might be enough to keep me warm there. I have also got a good wool blanket which I was thinking of using as a liner.
Does anyone have practical experience of the sleeping bag? If so, what are your thoughts on my stupid plan? I have the British Army Arctic bag which I love but it's so big I couldn't even fit it in my Berghaus Crusader before it got nicked. Now I have a German army mountain rucksack which is a lot smaller so I'd prefer not to have to take the mammoth Arctic bag.
BTW I'm not an army nut, I just have these things because they're cheap. as I mentioned earlier almost all of my old camping kit was stolen out of my car a few months ago and so I'm slowly replacing it all with cheap but reliable army stuff.
Thanks for reading and here's hoping someone's able to give me some advice!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE