JetBoil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Batfink said:
The base is extra, and can only be bought with the pan set - an extra $20.
Pan stand
However, a friend has already made one for his from some sheet metal - took him 90mins, and cost around £5!!!

I use three tent pegs in a tripod formation to make a pan stand, it's not 100% safe but as long as your carefull and have quick reactions it works well enough.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I've read things on the Jetboil, but I as much as I hate to admit, I'm still not completely sold on the idea. Mind you, I absolutely love the design and the size of it, but I don't particularily care for LPG cannisters.

See, LPG has great heat output, and doesn't need to pumped or primed and it works very well at high altitude. The only trouble with cannister stoves is that when they start to run low, the gas pressure starts to drop, and because you cannot pump more pressure into them, the flame's die. I've actually found it rather difficult to judge how much gas is left in a cannister. When they run out, a person can always hump around an extra cannister or two, but I don't particularily fancy humping an empty cannister off a mountain with me.

A great stove, just a small drawback!

Just my $0.02 cents.

Adam

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
JetBoil I ordered from Baxters arrived 22 *hours* after I'd bought it now on ebay.
Just got to give it a try now (looks pretty dinky though).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE