Jarred off!!!

Widgy grub

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
Lincolnshire
How do you find a suitable place to "play"
I have all the gear.... But struggling like hell for suitable places to practice and hone my skills.... I'm in east Lincolnshire.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lots of folks keep quiet about where they go; this is a very public forum, they're happier to pass on information about good sites more privately.

Best advice would be to get yourself along to one of the meet ups and join in the conversations. Folks get to know you, you get at least one jaunt out anyway, and you never know who might pass on some useful advice :)

cheers,
Toddy

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Get a map, then get out there & look at whats about, go down footpaths& brdleways & you will find the out of the way places.

Rob

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
I agree with woof, you just gotta get out there and walk, investigate, knock on doors and ask the question, get yourself out there and something will come along; alternatively find out who your local major landowners are and ask them, but as has been said in many postings on many forums it is about building up a relationship with the landowners, farmers etc, get involved start a Bushcraft Group or join the local one, voulenteer to help with your local Bushcraft school, or other similar voulentary projects it all gets you out there and meeting the people in the know and from there you will be surprised how many doors to places to 'Play' open.

Good luck buddy and i hope you find somewhere.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks Trooper, yep boots on the ground, or on your pushbike, & you'll see a lot more & meet more people. I was out this morning walking along the Grantham canal, which i've wild camped alongside a few times, & there's a fair few small wooded areas, that if you are discreet you could use.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE