I've only gone and started another forum. 1st canoes, now dogs

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I'd be flattered if anyone had noticed, but I have not been about as much as I have been pretty busy with Song of the Paddle, work, family etc. It has been a year and half now since I last managed an overnight trip in the canoe. I really need to sort that out.

One of the things that has been taking up time is walks with Sam the Rotty I got two years ago. Like happened when I got into canoeing I started looking for a forum to share my doggy experiences (not that kind ;)). Mostly bloggs of the walks etc and like with canoeing I did not find a forum that fitted. This time I knew I did not have time to start one myself.

Well that is what I told myself and for a year or so I managed to hold that line. But Unfortunately I am the sort of person that if I have an idea and I know how I could accomplish it then not having the time becomes a minor detail.

So long story short www.DogWalkBloggs.com is now up and running. A place to post tales of your time spent with your dog. Have a look if you are interested.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
You need to get out & meet up with Green Surfing Bear from here, he's up in your neck of the woods & complete with a smashing hound Perrin, & a love of bushcraft/outdoors too (he's also getting into canoing too).

MagiKelly

The issue is lack of time not lack of company. Warthog1981 visits often. I've also been doing some pigeon and crow shooting for a local farmer so that also has eaten into the time. I'm not complaining I enjoy all the things I am doing. I just need more time to be doing more of them :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've also been doing some pigeon and crow shooting for a local farmer so that also has eaten into the time.

Time spent with gun in hand is not deducted from our allotted span John :)

We've noted your absence - and missed your posts, but I can't argue with your priorities!

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Brilliant idea, Looks good & I like the interface (?)...........I'll have a good look at it later on. There are a lot of dog lovers on this forum too so don't hesitate to post your adventures here aswell.:approve:

Can't say I've noticed your absence as I don't know ya.....but anyone who likes canoes & dawgs, cain't be all bad :D

MagiKelly

Time spent with gun in hand is not deducted from our allotted span John

Mostly been shooting from a hide and it really does not seem to matter to much if there is anything coming in or not. It is still good to be out there watching the world go by. That said it is bette when you are getting a steady stream of birds ;)

Brilliant idea, Looks good & I like the interface (?)...........I'll have a good look at it later on. There are a lot of dog lovers on this forum too so don't hesitate to post your adventures here aswell.:approve:

Don't worry. Anything that constitutes a bushcraft trip will still get blogged here. Same as any canoe trip gets blogged on SotP.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Mostly been shooting from a hide and it really does not seem to matter to much if there is anything coming in or not. It is still good to be out there watching the world go by. That said it is bette when you are getting a steady stream of birds ;)

Aye, "thick and fast", a description I much prefer applied to the feathered variety of "birds"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE