Ive Been Shopping!!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
After hearing about this super new hammock I just had to pop in to my local bushcraft suppliers and have a look, and you guessed it I had to buy it.

I was amaized to see that it supports a wopping 400 lbs, thats 28 stone :eek:
and with me being a meer 19 stone that was quite comfoting.
I would go as far as saying that it knocks spots off my Hennessy.

Hammock complete was £209.95 inc delivery.
The hammock can be purchased in its componant parts so you can save by buying only what you need.
Or you can have a double hammock for an extra £10 and take your Mrs with you.

And could not resist a couple of new iron frying pans, this is the big boy, big enough for a fry up for my entire family, I also got a smaller one big enough for two, I am sure that the smaller one is the same as Ray Mears used to make his bannock in, on his canoing trip in Canada. Love these as they can be used on the hot embers of an open fire without the risk of melting it.

Pan prices inc delivery:
25cm - £24.95. 30cm - £27.95, 35cm - £34.95. 40cm - £49.95

The supplier can be found on the web site below, he has just taken delivery of the pans and hammocks so you wont find them on his site yet, but feel free to call him, his name is Gavin and a really nice chap, and based in Sittingbourne, Kent.

http://bushgear.co.uk

Cant wait for the other goodies that he has coming in, I will post as soon as I have been shopping again. :)

If you would like to know any more just PM me.

H

halo

hia chopper is there a website for them,i want some of those frying pans!

cheers halo :D

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
After a certain ammount of confusion and back and forth debate I have decided to eliminate some posts from this thread. The posts would probably have been better made via PM anyway and had no bearing on Choppers find.

Chopper, by all means post prices and where you found the hammock, or do so via PM. Whatever suits you best. You know what was in all those posts, so you are free to make up your own mind.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
jason01 said:
Are these similar?

Black iron pans

Or these

more pans

Theyre pretty much bread and butter items ;) for professional kitchens, not hard to find I think

I would go as far as to say that they are not the same.

The ones that I bought from this chap are really well made, I looked around for a long time before I could find something that I was happy with as I wanted it to last.

I will take a close up of them and post it and you will see what I mean.

As far as the service goes, your are right Lurch, I cannot fault this guy.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
MagiKelly said:
Can't find the hammocks on their web site but it does not seem that good a price, sorry.

Interested to know how much the individual parts are. Especially the insect netting.

Best thing to do John is to email him, I know he has been away last week, I am sur that he will be more than happy to supply you with the componant prices, and as far the quality goes you really need to get your hands on one, the workmanship is outstanding, it would have to be to get me to part with £200.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i have to say those pans do look very similar to the types used in resteraunts up and down the country, and can be had fairly cheaply from any catering supplier such as nesbits.. which in my experience have also been very very well made!

nice find on the hammock i could do with a tarp like that!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE