It's a big sky

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've been working nights recently & got home this morning at about 1:15. It was so clear that I laid on the front lawn for 20 minutes just looking at the stars. Saw a few satellites and some amazing shooting stars, including one that changed colour as it descended. Also saw a flash high up but don't know what that was.

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
The flash high up as probably a satellite. Sometimes they turn and catch the sun off solar panels or some such. My son and I sit out and watch for them sometimes though you see them most often just after sunset.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Once whilst camping i'd been taking pictures of the night sky. It was a very clear night. Having just packed my camera away i looked up for one last time. It was at this point a green fireball blazed its way across the sky.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thanks for the link, Torc :cool:

I was awake at ten past four and it was already light and clear out. It's a beautiful day here now :D

I love lying down and looking up at a crisp, clear, cold bright sky :D especially somewhere away from light pollution. The star filled skies are a wonder :)

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE