Is this cheap lightweight stove any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Power

May 28, 2012
UK
Looks a good piece of kit, I use the Coleman F1 light and have no issues with that, only thing you have to be careful of these types of sit on burners, is that you have to keep an eye on the stove so it doesn’t fall over or get knocked, esp when stirring is involved. but an ideal option for when weight is a major player for your hikes.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
My finger is hovering over the buy button. They've got some good stuff in the sale atm. I just wondered if anyone had experienced any issues with it. What the hell I'll add it to the basket, and cross my fingers.

hoppinmad

Forager
Dec 7, 2009
Swansea Valley
Hi
All these stoves seem to be manufactured by fire maple, and branded by different sellers. I use one and have no problems with it..quite a power full and light little burner for the price
Regards
Stu

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thanks Stu. On its way to me along with the other half dozen items that I could not have done without...:rolleyes:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A pal used one on the TGO in May and it never let him down, quite efficient but plenty of heat output too.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
It's an unstable platform compared to a pocket rocket for instance, so you have to be a bit careful your cup doesnt fall off, but so long as it stays on the flat, the low weight and price is a bargain....It's titanium!
Im sure its not as fuel efficent as a jetboil, for instance. But then again its only £16. For the money cant fault it. Then again get a cup with a heat thingy on the bottom, and it probably would be.
Did i mention its titanium?!

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's the folding pot supports that are a bit flimsy Joe, they're a bit of a loose fit but okay once the pot's on.

Agreed about the canister legs though, well worth the carry

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Yeah, I got that... Nothing I can do about that though... isn't it time people made these things magnetic so the pot sticks to the burner? :p

Saying that, I have some MSR pots and the bottom of those have grooves / rings that make them very stable on burners. It's a pity none of the "bushcraft" pots have this, it is no more difficult to clean... I guess it costs more to make. I'd love to have some custom pots made, it's one thing I have never been totally happy with.

I linked the legs because of Powers post warning that these things can topple easily.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It's an unstable platform compared to a pocket rocket for instance, so you have to be a bit careful your cup doesnt fall off, but so long as it stays on the flat, the low weight and price is a bargain....It's titanium!
Im sure its not as fuel efficent as a jetboil, for instance. But then again its only £16. For the money cant fault it. Then again get a cup with a heat thingy on the bottom, and it probably would be.
Did i mention its titanium?!

Offer £15
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHOENIX-H...084?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c1b14c05c Jetboil level of performance combined with the stove. Its only the heat exchanger that gives the JB good boil times, the actual burner is nothing special.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks good Rik. Im guessing it would probably make my 100g fuel canister maybe a third more fuel efficent than using with a normal ti mug?
Disnt I read that the JB can boil about 12 litres from a 100g canister?

Ive got a heat exchanger on an optimus terra cookset, which i bought as i was sure i needed it, but have never used it :togo:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE