Is ny new Mora sharp?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I brought a new Mora for food prep mainly, I wonder if is sharp enough.

100_1878.jpg

Tested on fresh meat

OUCH

Survivalmike

Forager
Jan 25, 2010
Austria
*loool*
1st attempt on my new Bushcrtaft Triflex Mora was to split a stick - I ended up with a splitted stick and a very deep cut directly in my knockle (cutted the vein also)!
YES they´re sharp :D

Cheers
Mike

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Haa thats like when I got my first Swiss Army Knife when I was about 10 and my parents thought I was old enough to have one. Stupidly I opened all the blades on it and managed to cut my hands all over and bleed of the rest of the christmas presents.:eek:

Learnt a lesson that day, always respect knives.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Yep, my mora turned up at work (where I get stuff delivered) sharp. Certainly if I tried to make it sharper I'd have blunted it for sure. It nearly got me too. I think they are part knife / part vampyre!

Nice bandaging BTW, not easy one handed. As I'm sure a lot of you know from experience too.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
They come sharp, but can be made even sharper.

Not sure if you cut yourself by accident or testing how sharp it is. If the latter, may I recommend other methods of testing how sharp knives are like the nail test.

Ive been lucky, not cut myself with a knife in years and never broken a bone. I used to be careless with blades, swinging machette's, missing, and them bouncing off my shins. Now all my sharps are razor sharp I take more care of how I do stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE