Is anybody from Heidelberg area here?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

memorire

Jan 21, 2010
Germany
Hey there

well the title basically says it all ;) If you are there are you interesting doing bushcrafty stuff together? the forrest here is pretty nice and the biggest german forrest is not very far away either.

cheers

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
No I'm miles away, but I know that forest well and have visited Heidleberg a few times, its a lovely part of the world, you are very lucky to live there.

:)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I used to live just South of Landstuhl, the other side of Kaiserslautern - it's a fantastic area of Germany and you are spoilt for forest!

Sometimes, I wish we had never moved back... :rolleyes:

memorire

Jan 21, 2010
Germany
hello!

thank you guys - it is beautiful here indeed ;)

that was also why i decided to start exploring those forests and came to the whole bushcraft concept. now i wish the forests were bigger and the whole area less populated haha :D

cheers

memorire

Jan 21, 2010
Germany
Pictures!

Thats what we need. :D

haha i actually never took a camera with me! sounds like a good idea though. I just got myself a new mobile with a camera so i guess i will take it with me next time ;)

BTW have you ever been to Lake Balaton? is it as nice as i imagine it is? ;)

cheers

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
BTW have you ever been to Lake Balaton? is it as nice as i imagine it is? ;)

Not so great really, it was very popular with German tourists for a very long time (both East and West) however too much commercialization and the availability of cheaper hotels and a larger expanse of water on the coast of Croatia has driven a lot of people away.

Many Hungarians still keep a holiday home down there though and the countryside around about provides some nice walking country.

kektura014.jpg

:)

Last edited:

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
hello!

thank you guys - it is beautiful here indeed ;)

that was also why i decided to start exploring those forests and came to the whole bushcraft concept. now i wish the forests were bigger and the whole area less populated haha :D

cheers

The trick is to avoid those few "hotspots" were all the tourist gather. they normally dont stray that far from the well-known trails. A few hundert meter away the paths are usually quite empty.
Get some good maps online here:
http://www.lv-bw.de/lvshop2/start_ns.asp?openkey=PRODUKTE&keyinfo=&os=Win32&mapw=500
Or buy them direct at the "Katasteramt":
Städtisches Vermessungsamt Heidelberg
Gaisbergstraße 7
69115 Heidelberg
Tel.: 06221 / 58-24000 oder 58-24010
Fax: 06221 / 58-24900
email:
Vermessungsamt@Heidelberg.de
TK25 or TK50 come in excellent quality, also showing the coloured marks of the different trails.

At my favourite spot, the Frankenstein, a hill with a like-named castle,
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burg_Frankenstein_(Bergstraße)
visitors/hiker park near the castle, then walk into the wood and back.
This pic was taken 10min on foot from the castle`s big parking place. It sits right between three trails, each a mere 20m away from where I made my fire:
Winterwald26-o1-2006006_cr.jpg

Winterwald26-o1-2006006_cr.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE