Irish Potato Bread with Chopped Sea Beets and a Double Yolker Egg , with Pickled Ramsom Flowerheads.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Tell us about the pickled Ramson flowers? It’s such a versatile plant.

My father in law used to live next to Pitt-Rivers big house in Tollard Royal. He knew the chef there, who said one of the things he cooked were the flower heads and stalks in a tempura batter. I’ve never tried it, too lazy to heat a big pan of oil, but they sound good.

Reactions: moocher and Toddy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

My father in law used to live next to Pitt-Rivers big house in Tollard Royal. He knew the chef there, who said one of the things he cooked were the flower heads and stalks in a tempura batter. I’ve never tried it, too lazy to heat a big pan of oil, but they sound good.

Just pick the unopened Flowerheads , then pop into a jar with either a pure Vinegar or a 3/4 Vinegar 1/4 water solution - add herbs or pickling mix as required - weigh down the heads as they will float up - leave in fridge for at least a week and enjoy!!!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
You're too modest mate!.
There are so many avenues that you could turn a passion into some income.
You tube instagram etc.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

It's very good :) it's easy to make and it's nice as part of a tempura mix.
Chive flowers, as a headful, are too much. They need seperated out, but the ransoms go in like one would do with elderflowers.

@TeeDee is your Irish Potato Bread the same recipe as Potato Scones, but fried instead of baked on a dry pan/girdle/bakestone ?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hmmmm, hard to tell which one of your culinary delights I like the most.

As soon as I make my mind up you come along and throw new temptations into the pot :)

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
It's very good :) it's easy to make and it's nice as part of a tempura mix.
Chive flowers, as a headful, are too much. They need seperated out, but the ransoms go in like one would do with elderflowers.

@TeeDee is your Irish Potato Bread the same recipe as Potato Scones, but fried instead of baked on a dry pan/girdle/bakestone ?

Hi Toddy , the one above is Mashed Potato , Plain Flour , decent amount of Salt ( Garlic salt in this case ) and Sea Beets .

No frying , just a Floured frying pan and dry heated until it takes on some colour.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hi Toddy , the one above is Mashed Potato , Plain Flour , decent amount of Salt ( Garlic salt in this case ) and Sea Beets .

No frying , just a Floured frying pan and dry heated until it takes on some colour.

Okay, that's potato scones to me :) I cook mine on the girdle (cast iron bakestone, not ridged) so I don't need to flour it beforehand. It's pretty well proofed by now.
We cook them in farls. A big circle cut in quarters.

M

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE