Irish meet MK2 july?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Sounds good to me. Any idea what time you would like to meet in Gort. I would have to make sure I can get off work a bit early on that day. Its a long spin from Cork to Galway as you know.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
nice one loz. ya, bring a spare hammock if you have one. there will be a few spare tarps floating around i am sure.
re; meet-up time, it will have to be late-ish, as most people have a whack of traveling to do, but not too late so wecan get our shelters set up and our bellies fed. i would say six might be the best time. but if some cant make it till later thats fine. i am hoping to be there earlier so i can get some essentials set up.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Six is good for me I'd say. I may now be travelling on my own to Gort so I would have room for 1 person (I only have 2 seats). I would be heading from east Cork, around the city and out towards Mallow. From there on to Limerick, Ennis and finally Gort. I can pick up somebody anywhere along or near that route if they need a lift. Give me a shout if anyone on this route needs a lift.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
thats a bummer, early mornings shouldn't happen on saturdays. :) cool, well anyone wanting a lift from antonio put their hands up. i will probably have one persoon needing a lift from dublin here. will confirm soon.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
great. i will see you friday so. will probably meet you in dublin, pair you off with some passengers. will be talking to Donal on monday probably and we will finalise times etc.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
This event still happening ? = Bit concerned its Tue now and plan to setoff fri afternoon, Still no map/joning instructions etc.

Any chance of map etc ?

Oh and open fires or stove only ?

Whats the food plan ? every man for himself - or we going to do a big cook etc ?

Any planned acticities or entertain your self and relax etc ?

Whats the site owners view on alchohol etc ?

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
hey all; sorry been no word from me. been up to the eyeballs. all is going well. details are like this for people travelling from dublin.
Meet at the Foxhunter pub on the N4 for 12:00 on Friday 18th to fill empty seats in peoples vehicles. there are 4-5 people with no fixed ride down at the moment. from there we will head to Gort (take road to Galway, turn off for Gort at Loughrea)
Meet in Aldi in Gort at 16:00 on Friday 18th convoy out from there to the location.
for people arriving in gort late, directions to the location are thus;
go out the N66 from gort (northeast) take the first proper turn-off on the right (its about 2-3k out the road) should be signposted "kilbeacanty" and goes north of Lough Cutra.go straight down this road about 2-3k. Crannog has a small wooden signpost on the top of their driveway (its on the left) so keep your eyes open and go slow. simple enough. any problems, please call me before you get lost. it would be a simple thing for someone to come in to gort to meet stragglers. i will try photograph the map in a little bit.

there will be a central open fire. if someone knows what they are doing they can do their own, but in general i would like to keep it to the one if possible.

food is every man for himself. there will be experianced people there to help the few novices we will have in attendance, and i am sure some food trading will happen. and if anyone feels the need to do a big dish to share, the rest of us will surely help you eat it :) lol

entertainment will just happen i am sure. we have a bit of an all-star cast with both Anthonio Akkermans AND Aebhric O'Kelly showing up. i can bring a lefty Bow and a few arrows. if anyone else has any stuff, bring it. there should hopefully be enough wood lying around for both fire and craftwork. i doubt boredom will be an issue though.

regards drink; (and everything else) the attitude will be; responsible for thyself. if you wanna drink, thats cool. i may bring a bit of brandy myself. we will have a very mixed demographic of people, so keeping it friendly and safe is of prime importance.
we should have about 15 people, give or take. about three quarters experianced people, one quarter total green horns wanting to give it a go.

i think thats everything. oh yea! everyone coming, please make sure you have my NUMBER; zero eight seven, 12 11 zero 11. any problems, please call. as we get nearer the friday, it will be the best way to contact me. if anyone has any more questions, shoot, or suggestions or whatever.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Thansk the info ! Getting excited now, Was Airing out the old 58 sleeping bag, and ( in case of bad weather and the tarp fails ) tent

Just one thing, I got a mail from Donal, wanting MCI numbers ? - That isn't relevent for this meet is it, ?

Loz

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
nope. not really. the MCI membership gives you insurance. but its not vital for Gort. looking forward to seeing you all on friday. will be a blast.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Happy days. I doubt I will make the meeting point at Aldi but I should find my way there sometime later in the evening.

Well done again in organising this. See you Friday all going well.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
I'm ( hopeing ) to leave work early on friday, so might make the Aldi meet-up, but other wise will find my way. I had a bit of a look on GoogleEarth and can see the road that leads to kilbeacanty so should be fine.

I got hold of one of those Aldi tarps, so will be trying it out ( hopefully with hammock below if i can find two trees !! ) - its bright !!! so no laughing please !!!!

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I have a spare British army issue DPM tarp that you can use in case you feel the need to blend. It just about covers a hammock. I have the old green type too but its only suitable for a bivy set up if anybody needs it.

I will also be bringing some tents and spare pots in case anybody is short.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
the more toys the better people. bring everything. we will have a kitfest. lol. Loz, tell you what. i will save two trees for you ok? lol. there is endless woodland. :) loads of trees for hammocking. place will look like it infested with strange catterpiller larvae.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
ya, definately. i am sure, bar some lifechanging happening, i will be there.
shame you wont be making it to Gort. i will take lots of pics to make you jelous. lol :p

I just did the drive from Cork Harbour to home (County Antrim) last Saturday and it took me 6 hours ( I did stop 3 times though for about 45 minutes in total) Long drive alright, but the roads are all pretty good, with large sections on Motorway. It will probably take about an hour less to get to Castleward though as I live pretty far North.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE