IPNA Equinox Celebration and Primitive Skills gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Roibeard

Nov 8, 2007
waterford/Cork, Ireland
Hey,
It looks like the Insitute for permaculture and nature awareness is holding an Equinox Celebration and Primitive Skills gathering in kerry.
Is anyone here planing on attending this event?

" IPNA is holding its first annual Equinox and primitive skills gathering in South Kerry, Ireland.
It will be a community event with celebration for the summer harvest along with the passing of the equinox on the 22nd of September,
It will also consist of hands on classes given on all aspects of wilderness survival, permaculture, sustainable building, wilderness medicine, bird language, and animal tracking.

WHEN: September 19 -September 21, 2008
TIME: Friday at 6pm to Sunday at 5pm.
LODGING: There will be tent sites available and an outdoor kitchen.
COST: Free to all. Food not provided "

http://www.ipna.ie/sched.html

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I have already booked on this weekend. I have been down there twice already this summer. Aebhric and Anna are really nice people and its a great place to learn new skills.

I have just done the Bird Language course and found it to be a revelation. Thread about that weekend here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33129

I would recommend booking this with Aebhric before hand rather than just turning up as I am not sure about numbers for this weekend.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I'm still trying to work out the logistics of getting up to Anthonios gathering in October so I might see you there. I have a wedding on the day before and depending on soreness of head I will make the decision.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Yeah my bag will be packed in advance but it will be up to the hangover as to whether I can face a drive of that distance. I would like to get up there though and put faces to the names if you know what I mean.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Just wondering if anyone from here is going to Kerry this weekend. I am driving down from Cork on Friday evening if anyone needs a lift. Feel free to give me a shout if you do. Fuel is getting expensive now so it would be good to fill up our cars with as many people as possible. ( better for the planet too !!)

I will be leaving from the east of the city at around 5pm on Friday, heading for Killarney and onto IPNA from there. I can pick someone up anywhere along or near that route.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I have dug out a few pics from the Equinox Gathering at IPNA in Kerry. I know that they are late in coming but better late than never :)

There were a few people from the Irish Bushcraft Club and local people camped out in the woods for the weekend. Aebhric & Anna O Kelly have opened this wilderness school only this year and have already had two open weekends where all were welcome to camp and learn. Antonio Ackermans (Wild-Live) also opened his school to all recently.

Bowdrill class
P1000871.jpg

Wild Food class
P1000873.jpg

The view from outside the woods
P1000876.jpg

Gathering willow for ''father & son'' bows
P1000900.jpg

Ember burning spoon making
P1000898.jpg

I think its fair to say that this has been a good year so far for Irish bushcrafters. Between, BCUK, Irish bushcraft schools/instructors and the Irish Bushcraft Club, a good foundation has been set for a good 2009.

I'd like to particularily thank the two schools, IPNA & Wild-Live, for having open weekends, giving freely of their skills and experience and allowing alot of like minded people to meet up.

Hopefully we can all meet up more often for next year.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
I have to go to Galway for my brothers stag so I wont make this one :( Its a pity because IPNA is nearer to my neck of the woods than last weeks venue. Enjoy your weekend in Kerry. Aebhric and Anna will look after ye well I am sure.

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
I have done Primitive Living One with Wild-Live and I would recomend it. You live in the forest for the week learning skills. When I did it, I was busy all the time each day brought new skills.
The course is busy, Anthonio has so much information to give. We covered alot, everybody in the group I was with managed to get fire by Bow Drill the first time. I have been to his new site at Castle Ward and it is a great place. Go for it. When I did the course Anthonio supplied accomadation ( Hammocks , Debris Shelters and Leaf Debris Walls With Lean To Roof ) and food.Not all courses supply all of this. ( On the food front if you are fussy bring your own selection) Saying that everyone I was with was happy with the evening meal. There is something great about sharing a meal cooked over an open fire started with bowdrill. When I did PL 1 Anthonio was using ( and I believe still is using) his Yurt so at the end of every day we would sit around the fire in the Yurt and chat. A1 from me.
Check Out the other tread about The Summer Soltice Gathering at IPNA
Tony

Nov 22, 2009
Ireland
I spent a tracking and nature awareness weekend at IPNA in Kerry this summer and I really enjoyed it despite the weather... Greg Somers, a tracker from the US was excellent. I was made very welcome by Aebhric and Anna.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE