IPK Tarp / Basha End for added protection

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have just completed a little project. I took an offcut of an IPK and cut it into a triangle. I added webbing corners that were riveted. On to these I attached shock cord with plastic hooks on the end.

The upshot is an end that will provide extra coverage at the front of ends of a tarp. So, no more rain, wind or snow blowing into the end of the shelter. It can be used on the ground or on the ends of a hammock tarp.

It was cheap and simple to make.

I have made a video and put it onto my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa0Ue--TTWg

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Just watched the vid, like it a lot, you do go on to say you could use it on the hammock tarp ? can't see how it would come past your hammock lines ? got any pics of that set up or am I being dense lol

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That's a cracking idea, and I like the price, but the basha set up you show seems to be reinventing the lightweight tent. I'm not knocking it though, it offers more versatility.

I think it'll come into it's own for hammocking, reducing the wind tunnel effect and offering dry storage for kit.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Not bad....but with a large tarp , you can create doors any way. I cant understand the desire to have a small tarp.....then carry and have to rig up an xtra piece of kit ? Just my two bob...;)

Ah I have a 3 x 3 tarp that doubles up as a tarp tent for me and the wife. She likes a bit of privacy when we are walking miles from anywhere :confused:

It has to be light because we walk 20+ miles a day and need to keep it lightweight as possible. A small tarp and the IPK cover can be split between us thus helping to keep the load down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE