Interesting Shelter / Bag

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Interesting but It's basically a variation on a theme, lots of bivvi solo tent hybrid out there, not knocking it by the way, viewing from my phone I couldn't see a price.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Interesting. A kid I taught A level product design to a couple of years ago designed a festival bivi bag that became a duffle/kit bag to carry her stuff around. No hoops but a similar concept - except it was in dayglo yellow so you could find it easily...

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
if it wasn't for the fact it was bag I'd get one and use it for through hiking and carry it on the outside of my bag, quick set up. No actually I wouldn't as it's got bad headroom.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Back in my youth (long time ago) I designed a bivi shelter that was attached to the frame of an external frame rucksack (told you it was a long time ago) and which concetina-ed out to give a coffin shaped shelter with a zip top entry. The design was done as a challenge - proposed by my boss at an Outdoor centre I was working for at the time.
The rucksack was still usable.
The shelter was never put into production as the working name seemed to put folk off .... "Fenna's Rucksack Coffin Bag". TBH it was not the most comfortable shelter ever - heavy, tight and in non breathable 4oz PU proofed nylon. It was about as nice to sleep in as a "Survival Bag" ... or a coffin!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Back in my youth (long time ago) I designed a bivi shelter that was attached to the frame of an external frame rucksack (told you it was a long time ago) and which concetina-ed out to give a coffin shaped shelter with a zip top entry. The design was done as a challenge - proposed by my boss at an Outdoor centre I was working for at the time.
The rucksack was still usable.
The shelter was never put into production as the working name seemed to put folk off .... "Fenna's Rucksack Coffin Bag". TBH it was not the most comfortable shelter ever - heavy, tight and in non breathable 4oz PU proofed nylon. It was about as nice to sleep in as a "Survival Bag" ... or a coffin!

Those issues don't seem insurmountable though. I think air beam technology may provide a lighter solution.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE