Interesting kickstarter.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
cripes - i've never seen such uncharitable comments - a lot of otherwise nice people, spouting off! If its not your cup of tea, feel free not to invest or support. People give money to much less wholesome endeavours! But be nice.

Makes me a bit embarrassed to be part of this community, given its been called out on his blog.

oooo missus !

Last edited by a moderator:

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Looking at the whole thing, I can't see how this cost £5k?!

Reclaimed wood from a timber yard at max is no more than £1000 for him, maybe 100 fire bricks and clay to build an oven and grill base, so thats possibly another £300 or so. The nuts and bolts possibly another £100.

So where does the rest go?!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
So you posted your advert, sorry, I mean blog, in this thread to show us the link you'd inserted back to this thread?

Pity really, you could have taken the opportunity to address a few of peoples' questions instead of spamming.

Tuscor

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Bristol
Its not mine mate, just a blog I happen to follow. I have a much less exciting job that allows me to be sitting at a computer at 11:06am commenting on this thread which I regret resurrecting... ah well

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Its not mine mate, just a blog I happen to follow. I have a much less exciting job that allows me to be sitting at a computer at 11:06am commenting on this thread which I regret resurrecting... ah well

Ah ok, misunderstood you. It seemed like it was your project and blog and you were just posting sour grapes.

I didn't really have an opinion on the project so I didn't comment. But it's a discussion forum so people should be free to express their views.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE